top of page


Insurance for Basejumping

In Switzerland a basejumper is subject to the same laws and regulations as a skydiver, as defined by the Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA).

Photo: Thomas Ulrich

For legal basejumping in Switzerland you need a valid skydiving license and a third-party insurance. In February 2022 our former partner GENERALI has cancelled our contract and we can no longer sell third-party insurances for basejumping. Please try to find a solution with your own insurance company. Basejumpers who live in Switzerland can get in touch with MOBILIAR which offers an additional third-party insurance for basejumping.
Gimmelwald von Seite_Thomas Ulrich.jpg


Why do I need a third-party insurance?

When things go wrong in Switzerland, it can ruin your life financially. Imagine you have a line-twist and you land on the road causing an accident with a few cars involved. Are you sure you want to take that risk?


What does it cover for?

A third-party insurance covers for damage to property (houses, cars, power lines, etc.) and damage to uninvolved persons.


Where can I get a third-party insurance?

Get in touch with your own insurance company. 


Does the insurance cover if my skydiving license has expired?

No, it doesn't.

bottom of page